Accounting & Tax Preparer VA: Philippine-Based
Accountant/Tax Preparer for US-Based Small Businesses- Exciting, Dynamic Position for Highly Qualified Candidates.
This is a key company position where you will work directly with the VP for Accounting and a team of accountants and help manage a growing stream of small business clients. Knowledge of the US tax laws are not required but an ability and willingness to learn is. This is a long-term, full-time position.
Work Time Zone
- 40 hours per week expected.
- Monday through Friday, 8 hours per day between 5AM to 2PM, NY Time (EST).
Daily Reporting and Accountability
A daily report is needed, 5 days per week, via Slack and our own management system.
Just simple bullet points under each item below: at the end of the day:
- What I had planned to do today and did
- What I had planned to do today and didn’t do (specific issues would come up here)
- What I plan to do tomorrow
- Upcoming items over the next week and weeks
- Any other issues/thoughts for improvement/training needed
Communication via SLACK:
- Check-ins when starting, stopping, and breaks required for best communication purposes
Communication via Zoom video calls:
- A minimum of 3 times per week on a Monday, Thursday and Friday afternoons, EST.
- Department meeting each week (Monday and Friday)
- TeaUpgrade to see actual infoeting each week (Thursday)
Task Management will be done with our own proprietary software and we utilize Google Docs and Secure File Pro to store documents.
Proposed Compensation and Benefits
- Salary starting at $600/month USD 40 hrs a week.
- Benefits include sickness and vacation time and a monthly spending plan to cover for basic government benefits or health plan upon regularization.
- Work directly with the VP for Accounting and team of accountants
- Manage our Wave Apps, Xero, Relay, and QuickBooks Online clients
- Keep client books up to date and in compliance with US tax laws
- Direct client communication obtaining information
- Prepare USA-based personal & business (Experience not needed - we train)
- Onboard new clients, complete initial set up and bring books up to date
- Organize and maintain client documents
- Communication via Slack daily and multiple Zoom calls per week
You Will Be Successful If…
- You keep the communication going on a daily basis and follow the requirements
- You don’t view this as a job; instead, you view it as if the clients are your own clients and that their businesses depend upon your efforts.
- You say you don’t know something and not fake it; if you fake it and do a poor job, you won’t last long with us.
- You do occasional tasks that aren’t in your wheelhouse but are necessary to help us
- You help improve our processes and checklists to make all of us more efficient
- You improve yourself as you’ll be given opportunities to learn and expand your skill set
Skills and Qualifications Proficiency:
Microsoft office/Google Docs
Proficiency in or able to learn VERY quickly:
Drake tax preparation software
Spoken and written English for communication purposes with clients
Reliable Internet with backup and Home Office Set-up
2 screens or monitors
Vision: To educate & empower millions of entrepreneurs.
Mission: We serve small business owners by making complicated & confusing issues simple to understand and address.
Core Values - Our core values help keep us in the moment and focused.
- Faith, Family, Fun & Friends
- Above & Beyond
- Community & Commitment
- Educate & Excellence
- Integrity & Ingenuity
- Trust & Transparency
We will provide training as needed on all items, recording videos on how to do things as we’re currently doing. However, the expectation is that the person will improve upon what we do!
Thus, our environment is one where we desire openness and challenge, and expect each person to be willing to give and receive challenges.
Constant improvement in how we do things, our procedures, and methodologies, is needed. Pointing out ways to increase the value we give to customers is expected.
Our staff is small but expected to grow over time.